Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just How Precious Life Is

I am reminded today that life is very precious.  I lost my cousin this morning.  After a long fight for her life, she is now with our Savior.  Mom, Dad, Simon and I drove to see her last night.  We were able to spend a little time with her and our family in some of the last moments of her life. 

What a precious time for us.  Sometimes life is raw and overwhelming.  Still, now as I write this, I do not believe that she is gone.  She was a fighter.  She was fun and loving and beautiful.  What I am learning is that sometimes when you I am not looking it seems like moments are snatched away.  I am learning the importance of savoring these moments.  They may and sometimes will never come around again.  I love her tremendously and will miss her sense of humor.

No comments: